Sunday, September 30, 2012

Remind101


Remind101:
Students in this day and age check their cell phones hundreds of times a day. Instead of complaining about such a practice, why not use it to our advantage as educators? Remind101 is a free tool for educators that allows a teacher to safely send text message updates to parents and students. The teacher's phone number is not required or used to make this wonderful communication tool operational. The sign-up process is quite easy and step-by-step instructions are provided for parents and students. Send text message updates from your computer, iPad, etc. in an instant!  This can be implemented from the elementary level, texting parents of students, all the way through the college years. Let me know if you use Remind101. I would love some feedback.

Broadtexter:
As an instructional assistant principal, I have embraced this idea of quick text messages to get information out quickly to my faculty and staff. This school year, I have used Broadtexter to send quick text messages to my teachers. I can send updates and announcements from my computer, iPad2, and even my cell phone. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment